The Management of Portfolio (MoP®) guidance was established to make the most of portfolio management, the latter which has become a necessity for making decisions about changes to business as usual via projects and programmes. MoP® provides principles, techniques, and practices which allow practitioners to introduce or re-energize portfolio management
Aligned to the methodologies of Project management and Programme Management as outlined in MSP and PRINCE2, the MoP® Foundation certification offers professionals in portfolio management roles sufficient knowledge of the MoP® guidance. In addition to enabling them to work as informed members of their teams, this certification sets them for higher levels of certification such as MoP® Practitioner.
In addition to preparing certification candidates for the MoP® Foundation certification examination, this training course will enable them to know and understand the following:
- The advantages of applying portfolio management
- The context within which portfolio management operates
- The principles on which successful portfolio management is based
- The approaches to implementation, factors related to maintaining progress, and how to assess the success of portfolio management
- The purposes of the portfolio management definition and delivery cycles and their component practices and relevant techniques to each practice
- The purpose and content of major portfolio documents
- The scope of key portfolio management roles
There are no pre-requisites for the MoP Foundation certification examination. That said, knowledge and experience of portfolio management is preferable.
Upon passing the MoP Foundation examination, you can pursue the MoP Practitioner qualification.