When will I get my certification examination results?
You can expect your results via email in six to eight weeks after taking the exam. However, keep in mind that you will only be provided with two possible exam results – pass or fail – rather than an exact grade.
In case of exam failure, candidates will receive the results with the list of domains they did not attempt fully. That way, they can prepare better the next time.
What does the certification examination cover?
The ISO 22301 Lead Auditor certification examination will test you on the following domains, which are shown along with the number of questions you need to attempt:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of BCMS (1 question, 5 points)
- Domain 2: BCMS (1 question, 10 points)
- Domain 3: Fundamental audit concepts and principles (3 questions, 15 points)
- Domain 4: Preparing for an ISO 22301 audit (1 question, 5 points)
- Domain 5: Conducting an ISO 22301 audit (4 questions, 25 points)
- Domain 6: Closing an ISO 22301 audit (1 question, 10 points)
- Domain 7: Managing an ISO 22301 internal audit program (1 question, 5 points)
What is the exam retake policy?
Candidates can retake a PECB certification exam as many times as they wish. However, the following limitations apply:
- Candidates need to wait 15 days for their second attempt if they do not pass on the first attempt. They can retake the exam for free within 12 months.
- Candidates who do not pass the second attempt need to wait for three months from the initial date of the exam. Examination retake fees will be charged.
- Candidates who do not pass the third attempt need to wait for six months from the initial date of the exam. Examination retake fees will be charged.
- Candidates who do not pass the fourth attempt need to wait for a year (12 months) from the last session date.
Which reference materials can I use for the open book exam?
According to PECB’s guidelines, you are authorized to use the following materials only:
- A copy of the ISO 22301 standard
- Course notes from the Participant Handout
- Any personal notes made while taking a preparation course
- A hard copy dictionary
Are there any certification requirements I should know of?
Yes, there are. To receive your ISO 22301 Lead Implementer certificate, you need to comply with the following requirements:
- Professional Experience: Five years – two years of which should be related to business continuity management
- MS Audit/Assessment Experience: 300 hours of audit activities
- Other Requirements: Signing PECB Code of Ethics