When will I get my certification examination results?
You can expect your results via email in six to eight weeks after taking the exam. However, keep in mind that you will only be provided with two possible exam results – pass or fail – rather than an exact grade.
In case of exam failure, candidates will receive the results with the list of domains they did not attempt fully. That way, they can prepare better the next time.
What does the certification examination cover?
The ISO/IEC 27701 Lead Implementer certification examination covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of a Privacy Information Management System (PIMS)
Domain 2: Privacy Information Management System controls and best practices
Domain 3: Planning a PIMS implementation based on ISO/IEC 27701
Domain 4: Implementing a PIMS based on ISO/IEC 27701
Domain 5: Performance evaluation, monitoring and measurement of a PIMS based on ISO/IEC 27701
Domain 6: Continuous improvement of a PIMS based on ISO/IEC 27701
Domain 7: Preparing for a PIMS certification audit
What is the exam retake policy?
Candidates can retake a PECB certification exam as many times as they wish. However, the following limitations apply:
- Candidates need to wait 15 days for their second attempt if they do not pass on the first attempt. They can retake the exam for free within 12 months.
- Candidates who do not pass the second attempt need to wait for three months from the initial date of the exam. Examination retake fees will be charged.
- Candidates who do not pass the third attempt need to wait for six months from the initial date of the exam. Examination retake fees will be charged.
- Candidates who do not pass the fourth attempt need to wait for a year (12 months) from the last session date.
Which reference materials can I use for the open book exam?
According to PECB’s guidelines, you are authorized to use the following materials only:
- A copy of the ISO/IEC 27701 standard
- Course notes from the Participant Handout
- Any personal notes made while taking a preparation course
- A hard copy dictionary
Are there any certification requirements I should know of?
Yes, there are. To receive your certificate, you need to comply with the following requirements:
- Professional Experience: Five years – two years of which should be related to Privacy Information Management
- SMMS Project Experience: 300 hours of project activities
- Other Requirements: Signing PECB Code of Ethics
You will also need to pay the certification fee as it is not included in the exam price.