PECB ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management provides a framework which guides organizations to create, maintain, and continually improve information security management systems (ISMS). The standard further highlights practical approaches which ensure continual prevention and assessment of threats, support risk management, and enable thorough audits of ISMS.
The ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor certification testifies to a practitioner’s knowledge and expertise to perform an ISMS audit. It also indicates their skill to plan and conduct internal and external audits in compliance with 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 certification process. As a result, they become a vital contributor to ensuring information safety and their organization’s reliability.
In addition to preparing you for the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor examination, this course will help you achieve the following objectives as defined by PECB:
- Understand the operations of an Information Security Management System based on ISO/IEC 27001
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Understand an auditor’s role to plan, lead and follow-up on a management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Learn how to lead an audit and audit team
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in the context of an ISMS audit
- Acquire the competencies of an auditor to plan an audit, lead an audit, draft reports, and follow-up on an audit in compliance with ISO 19011
A fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and audit principles is required for this certification.
After achieving the PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor qualification, you can advance your skill and knowledge with the Certified ISO 27001 Senior Lead Auditor credential.