The ISO/IEC 27001 standard allows organizations to establish, implement, maintain, and improve their information security management systems (ISMS). With this framework, organizations add reliability and value to their services as they establish a roadmap for continually reviewing the safety of their information assets.
ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer is one of the coveted certifications which allows practitioners to develop expertise in ISMS to secure sensitive information and enhance performance and effectiveness. It also equips managers, advisors, and ISMS team members with the knowledge and skill they need to effectively integrate ISO/IEC in the specific context of an organization.
In addition to preparing you for the PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer examination, this course will help you achieve the following objectives:
- Acknowledge the correlation between ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 27002 and other standards and regulatory frameworks
- Master the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of an ISMS
- Learn how to interpret the ISO/IEC 27001 requirements in the specific context of an organization
- Learn how to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain an ISMS
- Acquire the expertise to advise an organization in implementing Information Security Management System best practices
There are no formal prerequisites. However, a fundamental understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 and information security principles is preferable.
After achieving the Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer qualification, you can advance your skill and knowledge with the Certified ISO 27001 Internal Controls Architect and Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor.