DevOps is a set of practices which eliminates siloed work groups to enhance collaboration across IT teams, accelerate deployment, and deliver better software development experiences. In turn, organizations and practitioners alike benefit from continuous software delivery, less complexity, and faster problem resolution.
PeopleCert DevOps certifications offer hands on knowledge on DevOps processes, tools, and culture implementation. Designed to prepare practitioners to best meet market needs, DevOps Fundamentals is the first step towards becoming an efficient contributor in a DevOps environment. It guides learners to improve collaboration, communication, integration, automation, and workflow between developers and IT operations.
In addition to preparing you for the certification examination, this course will help you achieve the following learning objectives:
- Learn the history and need of DevOps
- Understand key concepts of DevOps
- Understand the business value of DevOps
- Discover the concepts underlying C.A.L.M.S., The Three Ways, continuous delivery, and the scope of the full stack
- Learn about DevOps culture, transformational leadership and DevOps structure and teaming
- Learn about the evolution of DevOps Practices and the 15 essential practices of DevOps
- Understand Agile project management and Scrum methodology
- Understand the key concepts of cloud technology and virtualization, automation for deployment pipeline, and architecting for continuous delivery
There are no prerequisites for the PeopleCert DevOps Fundamentals certification. That said, candidates for DevOps certifications should have IT work experience and familiarity with IT terminology.