Scrum is a framework that helps teams work together. It increases team productivity by encouraging team players to learn through experiences, self-organize, and continuously improve. IT teams use Scrum to develop, deliver, and maintain complex software products. However, Scrum principles can be applied to all kinds of areas: research, sales, marketing, and customer support – to name a few.
PeopleCert Scrum Master I helps candidates get the essential knowledge needed by IT professionals in Agile methodologies and Scrum practices. It focuses on the fundamental principles and concepts of both Agile and Scrum. The PeopleCert Scrum Master I certification covers the fundamental knowledge required for a candidate to build their knowledge and skills regarding Scrum principles and practices.
At this qualification level, candidates will be introduced to basic concepts, terms, principles and tools used for Scrum as well as why Scrum is needed in modern enterprises, the Scrum methodology, people and culture implications as well as the practices, processes, and technology used for adapting Scrum within an organization.
Holders of the PeopleCert Scrum Master I certification, will be able to demonstrate their knowledge, understanding and practical application of:
- The definition and purpose of Agile
- The three pillars of Scrum: inspection, adaptation, and transparency
- The five Scrum values: commitment, focus, openness, respect, and courage
- The characteristics of effective Scrum Masters, product owners, and development teams
- The purposes of different events, artifacts, and rules in Scrum
- How multilevel planning can help your team develop long-term goals and create more realistic strategies to achieve those goals
- How to identify the attributes of the product backlog and understand how it can evolve as your product and environment changes
- The techniques for managing technical debt
- The purpose and steps involved in Scrum events such as product backlog grooming, sprint planning, execution, daily Scrum, review, and retrospective
Who Should Attend this Training
This certification is the first level of the PeopleCert Scrum qualification scheme provided by PeopleCert and is aimed at anyone who wishes to become an efficient member of a Scrum environment and requires candidates to have and demonstrate a solid knowledge and understanding of the Scrum terms, principles, tools and practices, as well as demonstrate their application skills of how to use tools efficiently and effectively. The certification can also cater for candidates seeking personal certification.
There are no prerequisites for the PeopleCert Scrum Master I certification. That said, candidates for Scrum certifications should have IT work experience and familiarity with IT terminology.
Upon successfully achieving the PeopleCert Scrum Master I certification, professionals can pursue the advanced-level PeopleCert Scrum Master II certificate.