ITIL®4 is the latest version of the popular IT service management framework.
It reshapes established ITSM practices to help practitioners meet new
challenges, while introducing new ways of working with the help
of Lean, Agile, etc.
As the first ITIL®4 publication, ITIL 4 Foundation introduces practitioners to the
ITIL®4 service management framework and reveals a new holistic end-to-end
approach to service creation. ITIL®4 Foundation further enriches the careers of
practitioners as well as their employers as it covers the key concepts of
service management, the four dimensions of service management,
the service value system, and ITIL management practices.
In addition to preparing you for the ITIL®4 Foundation certification examination,
the following are the course’s learning objectives as defined in the official
ITIL®4 Foundation syllabus by AXELOS:
- Understand the key concepts of service management
- Understand how the ITIL guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- Understand the four dimensions of service management
- Understand the purpose and components of the ITIL service value system
- Understand the activities of the service value chain, and how they interconnect
- Know the purpose and key terms, and develop good understanding of selected ITIL practices
There are no prerequisites for ITIL®4 Foundation.
Once you pass ITIL 4 Foundation examination, you can proceed towards following qualifications: